Are you passionate about technology? Are you an experienced leader? Are you looking for a new challenge in an agile development environment? Then you’ve come to right place!
We are looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join Homelike to lead, grow, and retain our tech team which develop compelling and innovative products quickly and iteratively whilst ensuring they ship on time at velocity.
How you are part of our success story:
- Shape the application architecture of our products by adopting state of the art software engineering practices, frameworks and systems.
- Build vision and tech roadmaps that are aligned with product and business needs to ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely.
- Actively contribute to the software development process from operational and coding point of view.
- Lead, coach and mentor a group of 5-8 engineers helping them succeed in their tasks: provide feedback and identify training opportunities, so that they keep growing and use the full range of their talents.
- Shape and define the technology stack of Homelike. Contribute your passion for technology and stay up to date with current trends.
- Contribute to all stages of product development by applying agile methodologies in the tech team to ensure high standards of delivery and operational excellence.
- Manage research and development of technology, IT assets and associated costs.
- You will be a key leadership member of the organization, directly reporting to our VP of Product/Tech.
Our tech stack:
- MongoDB / BigQuery
- Docker / Kubernetes
What you need to convince us:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
- A proven track-record of delivering complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
- Previous experience leading engineer teams in an international, fast-growing/startup and digital business.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture, microservice architecture, data structures and design patterns.
- A cognitive and structural thinking, with the ability to zoom-in and out of projects and to challenge solutions on multiple levels.
- Ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control (GIT), etc.
- You can communicate big ideas to varied audiences, and you know how to lead on strategy.
- Fluency in English.
What you can expect from your Homelike journey:
- Be Entrepreneurial: You can have a huge impact on our product and help disrupt a high growth 160bn mid-term rental market while bringing in your own ideas
- International Environment: Work together with a highly motivated, international Talent Team from 3 different offices and +25 different nationalities
- Growth & Responsibility: We support your personal development & reaching your career goals in a flat hierarchy surrounding
- Flexible Working: We offer a modern working environment with trusted working hours and a flexible working remote policy allowing you to work from home/remote or from our office in Cologne
- Relocation: We offer support for our international talents in relocation, visa & work permit costs & questions
Sounds great? It is! So what are you waiting for?
Why are especially YOU a good fit for Homelike?
We are no fans of long cover letters, so please send us your answer to this question, your CV as well as your possible starting date & your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org